Wednesday, July 1, 2009

The UK

So, in my time here in London (mainly) I've done all the touristy things, you know, double decker tour, went out to stonehenge, etc. It was really a great experience to see all of it, and especially pleasant was the trip out to the city of Bath. From the name you can probably guess it is the location for the old Roman bath house - which of course we were able to visit! The city was absolutely beautiful!! It's really neat to meet people all over the world who come to London. It truly is an international city. We met two different waitresses who studied abroad from were they were originally from, and then ended up here after graduating. For now they say they just want to travel so they are doing odd jobs just seeing the world before they get a "proper" job. Now I can see why people like them have such a broad view of the world... they've actually been all over the world!! I really admire that spirit, but I have to be honest, I don't think I would have the guts to do something like that. Anyway, the trip to London is pretty much over - we leave tomorrow for Kenya!!

1 comment:

  1. wooo hooo!!! i love london... i hope you've been taking pictures =)

    ReplyDelete